I made this Clementine Cake a couple days ago to celebrate the end of summer (even though it is a Christmas cake)! This cake is delicious, and the clementines make it sweet, soft, and moist.
If you use a springform pan, start checking to see if it is baked all the way at 35-40 minutes. I used two smaller cake pans and baked them in my toaster oven (toaster ovens cook faster than other ovens because they’re smaller) for 15 minutes. If you use two normal cake pans in a normal oven, you should start checking if the cakes are done at 20 minutes.
Here’s the recipe:
Clementine Cake Recipe
I followed Linda of Call me Cupcake’s Clementine cake recipe for the main cake. I changed the icing, so I am sharing that recipe here:
Emma’s Clementine icing
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from one clementine
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons +1 teaspoon cream cheese
Clementine Icing Directions
- Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Add about two tablespoons of clementine juice and mix to a smooth paste. Add lemon juice. Add about a teaspoon of cream cheese. Add more clementine juice and cream cheese as necessary, until the frosting can easily be poured over your cake.
2. Pour the icing over the cake and spread lightly with a spoon. Top with candied clementines (see Linda’s recipe).
You’re done! Now you can enjoy your delicious clementine cake.