I made cupcakes last Saturday. I made 18 cupcakes–a mix of kitten cupcakes and surprise cupcakes. The kitten cupcakes I made from the book Hello Cupcake by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. It’s basically a cupcake decorated in a really fancy way. I followed the recipe (pretty much) and I think it turned out pretty well! I also made it gluten free–why would I make it glutenous?
Fat Cats from Hello Cupcake
- 9 Chocolate Cupcakes (Totally random number, but that’s how many I did)
- 1 16 oz can of vanilla frosting
- Black and Orange food coloring
- 1/2 can chocolate frosting
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers (I used Smorable’s )
- 18 Mentos (I meant to get white but accidentally got green, but I still think they turned out okay)
- 9 cherry Runts
- 18 chocolate chips
- 4 red Starbursts
What you do is basically follow the directions but don’t make the cat’s lower part of their body. Also I didn’t make the fur be in individual pieces. I just made it smooth because it was easier. 🙂 Another thing I did was cut the graham crackers into triangles and then stick them in and frost them. When you cut the graham crackers go slowly. There will be some crumbs and you can put those on the cat’s tongue.
I made surprise cupcakes just by experimenting with the other cupcakes using the extra toppings and frosting. They sometimes had candy hidden inside of the cupcake.