I made these adorable mini doughnuts. You can use them as beads and string them on pipe cleaners, or you can put them on rings, necklaces, or earrings! You could even put them on hair clips to make a doughnut hair clip. My size is about a centimeter tall and a centimeter wide. These are the perfect size for Lottie Dolls, but you could also make bigger versions.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Gun Sticks
- Gold Paint (I used this one and it turned out really well)
- Parchment Paper
- Paper or plastic plate that you don’t care about if it gets paint on it
How to Make It:
- Heat up your hot glue gun. Put a hot glue stick in it. Then hot glue small doughnut shapes onto the parchment paper, each about a centimeter tall and a centimeter wide. Wait for them to cool and harden, then carefully peel them off of the parchment paper. Pull off any little strings of hot glue.
- Put the hot glue doughnuts on the plate, then get the gold paint and the paintbrush. Paint the top part of the doughnut–don’t paint the bottom half that is touching the plate. Paint the sides. Paint multiple layers of paint (I did three) then let them dry overnight.
- Once the doughnuts have sat out to dry overnight, check to make sure that they are dry. If they aren’t, let them sit out for another night. If they are dry then get your Sharpies out. Pick out the darkest and most vibrant colors. Then color on the frosting with your colors. Let the Sharpie dry for a few minutes, then you’re done!
How did your doughnuts turn out? I was very happy with mine! What was your favorite color for the doughnut frosting? Mine was the royal blue or the dark red. It looked very vibrant.